Frutta V

Frutta V
Maria's Best Selling Giclee Print to Date

Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2017

Another Creative Day & Garlicky Chicken Piccata

Weather Related


Here in the Mid-Atlantic a little snow and alot of cold started the day.  Quite a change from yesterday which reached a high of 70 degrees. After my morning walk I spent 2 hours outdoors, cleaning pathways and bushes of leaves that had blown our way.  

Such glorious weather caused me to make an effort to check garden centers in my area for regular small scrubs to dress up planters on the front porch.  None were to be found.  Since I can't wait for spring pansies I planted a few small bushes and ivy that I dug from our property and planted in urns near the front door. Oh, but I did come home with a fresh cut flowers to add to the spring like day!

Happy Dance


My recent push to sell my art inventory has finally had results.  You might enjoy these images:

Vineyard Floorcloth/Painted Canvas Rug

Bald Cypress, Trap Pond, Delaware

Packaging and shipping out to my 2 new customers tomorrow. Yea!Ahat is for Dinner
I love to pull out all the stops for dinner, using my creativity and vast supply of pasta, condiments, vegetables and chicken or seafood.  So tonight it is chicken.  I adapted a recipe, Garlicky Chicken Piccata, and used corkscrew pasta that I cooked in the garlic & chicken broth, doubling the chicken broth. I did not roast the garlic, but heated minced garlic in olive oil before adding chicken broth,  juice from one whole lemon (I omitted the wine), capers and Kalamata Olives. Before plating I added one well drained can of artichoke hearts halved, grated Parmesan Cheese, chopped fresh parsley, and drizzled with olive oil.

Garlicky Chicken Piccata



INGREDIENTS
1 head of garlic
4 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for garlic
2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in half lengthwise
kosher salt
Freshly ground black pepper
flour, for dredging
5 tbsp. butter, divided
1/4 c. white wine (optional)
Juice of 1 lemon
1/4 c. chicken stock
1/4 c. capers
1/3 c. Chopped parsley, for garnish

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
Prep roasted garlic: Slice off the top of the head of garlic (about 1/4"). Drizzle the cut side with olive oil and roast until soft and slightly golden, about 40 minutes. Let cool, then remove cloves and set aside.
Season chicken with salt and pepper and then lightly dredge in flour.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat olive oil and 4 tablespoons of butter. Cook chicken in batches until golden, about 3 minutes per side. Remove chicken and set aside.
Make sauce: Deglaze the pan with white wine. Add lemon juice, chicken stock, and capers and stir. Add the roasted garlic and bring to boil. Season with salt and pepper.
Add chicken into the sauce and simmer for 5 minutes more. In the last minute, add remaining tablespoon of butter.
Serve chicken over pasta. Garnish with parsley.

Garden Salad with sliced avocado and Italian bread made my meal that could serve 8 very impressive.  The best part is that there is plenty left for another great meal.   

Delizioso!

Buona notte,
Maria




No comments:

Post a Comment