Frutta V

Frutta V
Maria's Best Selling Giclee Print to Date

Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

The Artful Life Blog Begins - Sept 13, 2010

This is the first day of a new thing, my own blog.  What to name my blog, Maria Creates, Liberto Art Studio, Maria Liberto Creates, or The Artful Life.  Many of those title are taken.  Do I include the names Liberto and Bessette?  I wanted to connect my websites, Liberto's Art and Coastal Cottage Soaps with my blog.  Maria's ideas and thoughts are many and wake me up in the middle of the night to contemplate.  Some of them being my day to day steps in creating my paintings, my thoughts as an artist, including how to decide on how to frame, price and the biggie - where to market my masterpieces. How to involve the public in the spirit of creativity and promote the arts in all its' artforms. I also need to share to the great recipes I depend on, my own tried and true recipes, and other culinary adaptions I have used.  Decorating ideas, sewing projects, fiber arts, folk art, floorcloths, soapmaking and many other creative sessions are ahead for me to share.

In thinking about sharing my artful life I realize that I create some type of art almost everyday.  It may be a little flower arrangement from my garden I place by the kitchen window or on the porch overlooking our secret yard; a plate of red and yellow garden tomatoes with vinaigrette, cheese with sprigs of basil; a car ride snapping images of rural countryside or cumulus clouds to use as references in my paintings. 

So fortunate and blessed I am.  I have time to do many these things that make me happy and productive.  And to also feel I can share my feelings, ideas, and creativity with many others.  Being supportive of other artists, whether a newbie, hobbiest or professional.  ( Thankful also for time to walk my local neighborhoods everyday adding at least 2 miles to my pedometer.)

So what do I name my blog:  The Artful Life of Maria Liberto Bessette.  Seems a little lengthy, but it is me.  I will share something I create each day.  Documenting with the actual photos of work in progress and recipes with images.  I hope I have time for all I desire to share with you.  I will try and hope someone will  want to follow my path.

In the middle of designing and deciding on a name for my blog I am thinking of dinner. Thoughts of the little pasta called orzo come to mind. I recently purchased orzo from a local bulk food store set in our Amish Community. 


Here are most of the ingredients to create
Mediterranean Orzo Salad


Here is the finale!


I choose this recipe since I had all ingredients on hand.  I adapted my recipe from one found at grouprecipes.com.  Serves 6 to 8.   Add chopped chicken, turkey or ham and serve as an entree.

Ingredients



1 cup orzo uncooked
3 tablespoons red onion finely chopped 
1 cup fresh tomatoes seeded and chopped
1/4 cup chopped celery
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
2 tablespoons olives pitted and finely chopped 
2 tablespoons capers
1 teaspoon grainy spicy mustard
1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
1 tablespoon balsalmic vinegar
2 tablespoons garlic oil (I used olive oil and 1/2 teas. minced garlic) 
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
1/4 cup feta or chevre cheese crumbled  (you can use up to 1 cup)

How to make it: 

Bring a large quantity of water to a boil and cook orzo just until tender. Drain well and allow to cool then mix with onion, tomatoes, celery, basil, olives and capers. Whisk together mustard, sugar and vinegar then gradually beat in oil until emulsion forms. Pour vinaigrette over pasta mixture and season with salt and pepper then chill salad. When it is cold mix in the crumbled cheese and serve.

# # # # # # # #


Goodbye for now.  Sleep tight!

Maria L B




No comments:

Post a Comment