Frutta V

Frutta V
Maria's Best Selling Giclee Print to Date

Pages

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Greatful Sunday - Sept 26, 2010


A Greatful SundayA day of rest and reflection.  A cooler day means opening the windows, fresh air and fall is coming.  In fact a few leaves are falling.  I do love the outdoors, my backyard, my vegetable and herb garden.  I have tall zinnias planted around the outside of the garden.  I have watched the hummingbirds and butterrflies dance from flower to flower and know I am assisting them with their duty to pollinate.  I have continued to feed the birds all summer.  I usually don't summer feed as they have plenty of insects to eat.  It has been a dry summer with little natural matter for them to stay nourished.  I also have noticed the birds have left the ripening tomatoes alone (which seems to be a problem each summer.  Each morning  I also fill bird baths and large clay saucers for my friends and watch them drink and bathe themselves.

Memories of Mother:  Sweet memories of my mother, especially as Fall begins.  It was my mother's favorite season.  She truly was inspired by nature and the natural surroundings.  It was very apparent when spending time outdoors with her.  She observed and always pointed out small things that most people never noticed.  Mildred was also a great artist and reflected on nature through artist eyes as well.

My Teacup Bird FeedersI have created wonderful teacup feeders with copper posts using my collection of tea cups.  Very charming and can also be used as tea lights in the garden or along the path.



Maria's Tuscany Painting:  There is another art exhibit coming up quickly.  In fact the paintings are due tomorrow.  My eyes hit upon a framed Tuscan scene I painted a few years ago.  So I thought I would touch it up, and make a few changes since it was painted with acrylic paints.  I am now pleased with the outcome and hope others will enjoy it also.


"Maria's Tuscany" Painting (unframed)

Included in the Diamond State Branch Bienial Show at
Grace Gallery, Oct 1 - 31, 2010
Opening Reception, Wilmington Art Loop, 5:30 - 7 pm 


Creative Thoughts:  I saved the prose below a while ago.  The author is unknown.  Please read and reflect.

Creating the inner self
Discovering our creative side
Achieving creative talents, training and instruction’
Transforming our nest
Becoming one with our nest
Creative appearance, clothing and attitude
Becoming one with nature
Giving of one self, gifts and sharing talents
Preparing creative meals with artistic approach
Creative entertaining
Developing creative patterns and relationships
Art for art sake

# # # # # #


Maria L B

From

No comments:

Post a Comment